Hair Study: Pencil Sketch

Today’s discussion is about a very interesting theme- ‘Hair study’.

Ya, this is the one, I love the most! :) 

Hair study is important, as it gives us the idea and the experience to sketch different kind hairstyles (which is essential), to make a portrait. I’ve made a pencil sketch of a hair style, have a look:

how to sketch hair in pencil

 Hair Study: Pencil Sketch

This hairstyle was not at all easy to sketch. It took me about 3 days to complete the whole sketch.


How I made it: I began with sketching out the base first. Then I started shading with a HB pencil. After that, I made use of other type of pencils too, like I used 2B, 4B and 6B pencils for highlighting the dark parts. At last, the use of Kneaded Eraser in the end, gave my sketch the final look. It was bit challenging, but very interesting too! Overall, I enjoyed while sketching it out and it was all fun!


Kneaded Eraser
Recommended Resource
Magical Trick: Patience and good observation is the key. Happy sketching :)

Hope u guys like it!

What do you think about this sketch, please let me know in the comments section below.

Follow the blog on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram@ilovesketchart to get latest updates!

Comments

Popular Posts

FontExplorer X - Makes Everyone an Expert
336x280 In Doers We Trust